The Benjamin Upper School
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
The Benjamin Upper School Sports Complex, Palm Beach Gardens – A 50-acre site with 10.29-acres of open space and a 15.75-acre athletic complex designed to be a multi-seasonal, multipurpose facility suitable to serve 50+ middle and upper school sports teams. The complex provides training areas for student athletes to excel at football, soccer, softball, track and field, tennis, basketball, lacrosse, competitive cheer, volleyball, and wrestling. The Benjamin School also hosts annual Florida High School State Athletic Association competitions for regional, Class A events in volleyball, soccer, softball, basketball, and track & field.
Jonathan T. Ricketts, Inc. participated with planning and design support services as well as turnkey construction management services for the project including:
- Five playing fields, including a football/soccer field, track/practice/soccer field, softball field, baseball field, a multipurpose practice field
- Nine tennis courts
- Multipurpose green space areas
- Multipurpose Gymnasium & Field House including ticket sales facility, concessions, pre-/post-event functions, locker rooms, weight rooms, restrooms, and offices
- ADA compliant bleacher seating accommodating 500 spectators
- Subsurface drainage system constructed with specialty permeable sands and organics to ensure use of playing fields within one hour after 1-inch rainfall event
- State-of-the-art field lighting system to prevent light pollution and offsite impacts through use of Dark Sky lighting and a remote light monitoring system.
- Preserve Areas
- Water features